Saturday, August 2, 2008

New Mexican Food.

I arrived in Albuquerque yesterday afternoon. Last night I ate chicken enchiladas with green chiles and a fried eggs, with rice and beans (of course) at Garduno's. There should be a tilde over the "n" in that, but I don't know how to make one in this editor.

Oh well.

I'm not going to worry over it.

Sitting last night on Campbell's porch... cigar smoke lingering in the cool dry air...
Oil lamps flickering on the table... the warmth of Irish whiskey in going down my throat...
Talking about times we had thousands of days ago.

This morning we sat on the porch drinking lattes. Aaron and Meredith worked in the garden a bit picking peppers, cherry tomatoes you could eat like they were grapes, while I held baby Abigail in the shade.

Today lunch will be at Bobcat Bite, then on to Glorieta to see folks.

Short of some anxiety at the airport yesterday... this has already been an awesome weekend... and it's not even lunch time yet on Saturday morning.

No comments: