Tuesday, January 22, 2008

0 to 60

2 weeks ago, I was getting pretty bummed. I had been doing some design work, making some money, trying to find something full time... and the lack of response was getting... depressing.

Then I got a call. 3 days later I was up in Houston for an interview.

The following Monday, I had an invitation to a second interview on Thursday.

Thursday I was offered a job.

Today is Tuesday. I start work next Friday.

Here's the fun part. I have some of my belongings here in Corpus Christi. Most of my things are hanging out in a 10x10 storage unit just south of Hot Springs, Arkansas. I haven't found a place to live in Houston yet, although I do have family that have offered temporary housing (which is seriously keeping me from freaking out right about now).

So, most things are going good. I did, however, get a jury duty summons for Corpus Christi for the Monday after I start work in Houston. Gotta get out of that.

There you go... The fan's on hi. The monkeys are aggrevated, well nourished, and typically regular.

An umbrella is advised for anyone wanting to come along for the ride.

No comments: